Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted

  • From: Chris L. Morrow
  • Date: Sun May 27 13:32:05 2007

On Sun, 27 May 2007, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> There are many things in Vista, and hopefully more to come, which prefer
> IPv6 for peer-to-peer. And even if the ISPs don't offer IPv6 at all, hosts
> use 6to4 or Teredo to automatically provide the required IPv6 connectivity.

is there a global-ipv6 -> terado gateway in existence yet? If not... it's
not ipv6 connectivity. It's nat-traversal to a 'private' network which
happens to use ipv6 addressing. Things like 6to4 won't really scale as a
solution either :( if comcast's 20m clients wake up and 6to4 tunnel
tomorrow someone's 6to4 tunnel server is going to be in big trouble :(
(same for the 7.5m verizon dsl customers, which reminds me I need to get
back to playing some more with a 6to4 gateway again)

Anyway, Terado had always seemed like a nice solution to not the ipv6
transition problem.