Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted

  • From: matthew zeier
  • Date: Sat May 26 22:37:10 2007

Krichbaum, Eric wrote:
Agreed.  The statement from ARIN is recent and impacts us all.  We've
got our core v6 routing in place, but operationally, that's really the
easy part.  Modifying the tools such as billing, monitoring, management,
tracking, and auditting are the slow link in the chain.  The space is
dwindling but that doesn't seem to be putting the transition pressure on
if the services aren't there to use v6.  Until more transit providers
support it, the reasoning for smaller provider to transition is limited.

And give that most end user allocations are /64s, could bind really handle a 18,446,744,073,700,000,000 line zone file? :)