Re: OK - functioning administration of 44.0.0.0/8

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Mon May 21 20:22:48 2007

Any reason it hasn't migrated over to IPv6 and 44/8 returned to the free pool?

Thanks,
-drc

On May 21, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Brandon Butterworth wrote:

The last time I looked into this there wasn't anything being done with
the block

It's been in use for a very long time (>10years)

but now I see lots of people assigned to do various things -
should have looked before I said anything, but in 2001 this was totally
dead, at least in Iowa/Nebraska.

Over the last few years broadband availability has obsoleted many uses of it.

There was some 44. vpn'd over the Internet (probably
still is, I closed the GB7BBC gateway into that last year)

As there are legal restrictions on traffic into amateur networks
it's generally not directly connected to the Internet

brandon