Re: Interesting new dns failures

  • From: Chris L. Morrow
  • Date: Mon May 21 17:38:26 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Gadi Evron wrote:

> As to NS fastflux, I think you are right. But it may also be an issue of
> policy. Is there a reason today to allow any domain to change NSs
> constantly?

well, so it's not explicitly denied in the current operations policy
things, so people may depend on it for some reason(s). They might have
turned on a service that depends on it, something not related to email or
web or other things. DNS is basic internet plumbing, messing with it
without LOTS of study is bound to bring out wierd uses. Especially where
there is no prohibition on this today, making an arbitrary limit tomorrow
is going to cause problems.

-Chris