Re: Interesting new dns failures

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Mon May 21 11:52:30 2007

On 21-May-2007, at 10:26, Chris L. Morrow wrote:

I wonder how the .de or .uk folks see things? Is the same true elsewhere?

I think the phenomenon of "that doesn't look right because it doesn't end in .com" is peculiar to the US.

Elsewhere, you don't need a particularly large TLD zone to get mindshare -- NZ, CA and NP are three random examples of ccTLDs which are well-recognised locally and which are far smaller than UK or DE; there are many more.

Joe