Re: Directly contacting ISP's (Was: How many others are nullrouting BT?)

  • From: Will Hargrave
  • Date: Thu May 17 07:09:43 2007

Jo Rhett wrote:

> Oh, yes. Because BCPs are so very good at solving problems.
> I wanna go live in your happy universe.  Because if BCP 38 were attended
> to more than 40% of my job would be irrelevant, and 12-15% of our
> traffic load would be reduced.
> ...one of the only colocation providers who does implement BCP 38.

Is the alternative just to sit around, be sarcastic, and do nothing?

If someone has enthusiasm to write documents and provide advice that is
available to the community this is a Good Thing; they shouldn't be
discouraged from it. It is enormously helpful to have a document to
point people at - most ignorance is just that rather than wilful
malfeasance.