Re: How many others are nullrouting BT?

  • From: Jo Rhett
  • Date: Mon May 14 14:06:28 2007

Irrelevant of the BT specifics...

Jo Rhett wrote:
We're considering null-routing all BT netblocks. I'm wondering how many
others have already come to the same conclusion?

On May 14, 2007, at 3:30 AM, James Blessing wrote:
No something I would recommend to anyone that has any commercial sense.

In our particular market it wouldn't hurt us very badly, but ...

This is a specific problem that I think affects us all, and it bothers me greatly that large organizations like BT are allowed to give the finger to everyone on this list because they don't have to worry about being nullrouted on a global basis. Knowing this, they are allowed to understaff and otherwise ignore their abuse help desks. Because their size allows them to not care.

I'd love to find a way to change that equation.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation