Re: How many others are nullrouting BT?

  • From: James Blessing
  • Date: Mon May 14 06:38:59 2007

Jo Rhett wrote:

> We've long been aware that BT *never* deals with spammers or DoS attacks
> that originate from their network, but a new issue has come to light.
> BT has a number of users who are apparently testing out stolen credit
> card numbers from their network against stores of all flavors.

Which BT? There are several organisations within the BT Group...

> 3 months of attempts by US banks, US police departments, FBI, etc to get
> any action taken on these issues has gone nowhere.  BT is "protecting
> the interests of their users".  Meanwhile the stolen credit card
> attempts continue unabated.
>
> We're considering null-routing all BT netblocks.  I'm wondering how many
> others have already come to the same conclusion?

No something I would recommend to anyone that has any commercial sense.

Serious suggestion, try http://www.ispa.org.uk/ they can probably get
you into contact with the right person within BT

COO
Entanet International
T: 0870 770 9580
W: http://www.enta.net/