Re: Best practices for [email protected] mailbox and network abuse complaint handling?

  • From: Al Iverson
  • Date: Sat May 12 11:07:40 2007
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=V37lPJ3CYJoWRlndpjr0rSLb2BAuk2ipVYHQ7IdtND54p6zFsbH75plpR//GwizEWPcLq5TWmhVDyZyKXtAjAJ+PRtgxff60hv+Ocl9BbU5KgMPXHBptMJovB2KGZXipm7J0gBefpjYQPS4V0cjBO1TieYvDBKmU0z/A/CzVcbE=

On 5/11/07, Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]> wrote:

> Probably 98% of the mailbox is from are spammers who've harvested or
> randomly targeted [email protected] addresses for male enhancement, maybe 1.99%

So?  A little filtering should handle a lot of that, procmail even.
At least to file the obvious crap into a different folder that can be
looked at and blown away

I've had good luck using Spamhaus's ZEN blacklist to filter mail inbound to our abuse desk. Tagging and manually reviewing all messages for a month before enabling it as a true filter showed me that the risk of dropping legitimate email on the floor seemed to be nil.

My experience: http://tinyurl.com/3a4xdu

Regards,
Al Iverson
--