Re: Best practices for [email protected] mailbox and network abuse complaint handling?

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Fri May 11 22:56:17 2007

On Fri, 12 May 2007, John Levine wrote:

The issue I see with most of the options (abuse.net, spamcop, etc) is

Hey, leave abuse.net out of this, please. It's just a database of contact addresses.

You might want to take a look at Abacus from word-to-the-wise.com.
It's a ticketing package specifically designed for abuse desks.  You
still have to run your own abuse desk, but it does a lot of the grunt
work for you.

I think he was asking about reporting abuse and not handling abuse desk complaints.

Personally I generally report non-spam complaints to same abuse
designated mailbox (it is abuse after all) but also CC data from
abuse contacts from ASN whois.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks