Re: HSRP availability in datacenters?

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Fri May 11 16:40:18 2007

Since you are already deploying redundant hardware, why not just run two links to the customer? 3550s support simple routing as well as BGP and this protects your customer from things like your 3550 failing...

And causes less HSRP and other chatter.

I would encourage my competitors to engineer customers on L2 interfaces with a redundancy protocol on-top all day long.

DJ

Randal Kohutek wrote:
My cohorts in suits have begun wondering if HSRP is standard for customer
gateways, and from there wondering if it is something we should charge for.
I did some research and came up with mixed results; I'd like to hear
nanogers experiences with this:

In your experience, do datacenters provide free HSRP gateways, or do they
make you pay for it?

Real world examples are better than Google :) Thanks, Randal