How many others are nullrouting BT?

  • From: Jo Rhett
  • Date: Fri May 11 16:16:44 2007

We've long been aware that BT *never* deals with spammers or DoS attacks that originate from their network, but a new issue has come to light. BT has a number of users who are apparently testing out stolen credit card numbers from their network against stores of all flavors.

3 months of attempts by US banks, US police departments, FBI, etc to get any action taken on these issues has gone nowhere. BT is "protecting the interests of their users". Meanwhile the stolen credit card attempts continue unabated.

We're considering null-routing all BT netblocks. I'm wondering how many others have already come to the same conclusion?

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation