Re: HSRP availability in datacenters?

  • From: Mike Lyon
  • Date: Fri May 11 14:42:48 2007
  • Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=ejOVg8v6pxRWGCpFH2OVSgVCaXV3L/+ktZHr8Sw55Svr5sh4dPlZ8PibPd1MVhQA4bEP/qWd3Ze/u+3aVymsa4lCCzLaubIGaD/UzlYkhf1G1S2O6X3DjFp/68kD8uA/TON+ZA14QlvLSCZReYED8CdTv2S1B8IJA0u48SpfAMw=

So is the question: you are selling transit to your customers and you are wondering if you should charge your customer for allowing them to use your HSRP gateway instead of a physical interface on your router?

Personally, if I saw a provider charging for that service, I would shy
away from them. Only because it tells me they are piece-mealing their
services and are cheap. I would think a good provider would include
that (and/or not sell it WITHOUT HSRP) in their sales offering. If for
the only reason of customer support nightmares. If you have your
customers on HSRP and you have a router go down, you wont have them
calling you every five minutes bitching at you...

-Mike