Re: Load balancing

  • From: Jo Rhett
  • Date: Mon May 07 14:01:41 2007

Read your fine, fine manuals? Every vendor of relevance has a chapter devoted to this topic.

On May 7, 2007, at 10:05 AM, dan wrote:
I currently have 2 routers with a single gigabit link (and corresponding internal BGP session) between them.
router1 <---------gigabit------->router2

Simple setup. Now that we have reached the limit on this gigabit link, we are adding a second gigabit link between the same 2 routers, and we wish to load balance across them. Traffic is about 5:1 ratio of out:in. router2 has bgp sessions with several upstreams, and router 1 has bgp sessions with further internal routers. What is the best way to balance across these 2 links?

---
dan

-- Jo Rhett senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation