Re: IP Block 99/8 (DHS insanity - offtopic)

  • From: Jerry Dixon
  • Date: Mon Apr 23 17:43:16 2007

DHS focuses on facilitating how to make things more secure or reliable via research, discussions with subject matter experts, and understanding of various scenarios that could impact our economy, critical services, and national security concerns. From that plans get developed, what type of expertise do we need to reach out to from an operational perspective, how can we facilitate getting those that provide critical services into areas to restore them, etc. (incident coordination/management)

This idea that folks keep promulgating that DHS wants to control the Internet is ridiculous. Just like everyone one of you wants to make sure core Internet services are available to meet your service level agreements with customers, a reduction in electronic crimes, and concerned about the health of the Internet are concerns for those in government (pick one) and outside of government.

My .02....

Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "J. Oquendo" <[email protected]>