RE: IP Block 99/8

  • From: Marcus H. Sachs
  • Date: Fri Apr 20 15:38:28 2007

If we had "clean" registries and signed/verifiable advertisements this would
not be an issue.  Most of you know that DHS was pushing the Secure Protocols
for the Routing Infrastructure initiative
(http://www.cyber.st.dhs.gov/spri.html).  Due to budget cuts this program is
on the shelf for now.  However, we are still interested in making it happen.

I think that the discussion about 7.0.0.0/24 several days ago could also
have been avoided if we had already implemented some of the SPRI ideas.

Marc

Marcus H. Sachs, P.E.
SRI International
1100 Wilson Blvd Suite 2800, Arlington VA  22209
tel +1 703 247 8717   fax +1 703 247 8569
mob +1 703 932 3984   [email protected]