Re: BGP Problem on 04/16/2007

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Wed Apr 18 01:22:32 2007

Andre Oppermann wrote:

Audie Onibala wrote:
Yesterday on 04/16/07 between 3:00 - 3:45 PM we had sporadic Internet problem. Our ISP's are Sprint and Qwest.

Around that time there was quite a bit sunspot activity and the moon had an unusual position too. The NOC contacts of your ISP's probably may be of more specific help. But make sure to ask them for their networks SPF (sunspot protection factor). That's an important metric to qualify their network reliability.

Are you sure it was sunspots? My NOC contacts were seeing substantial memory corruption due to cosmic rays.

-- Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [email protected] Impulse Internet Service - http://www.impulse.net/ Your local telephone and internet company - 805 884-6323 - WB6RDV