Re: (very few) AAAA websites

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Tue Apr 17 09:13:32 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:56:02PM +0200, Niels Bakker wrote:

> * [email protected] (Carlos Friacas) [Tue 17 Apr 2007, 10:38 CEST]:
> >On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> >>Not "major content sites", but these are some web sites with AAAA records
> >>that people may be visiting for other reasons than just IPv6 tourism:
> [..]
> >>www.ams-ix.net
> >internet exchanges. those which see IPv6 as an "easy thing" :-)
>
> Why would they see that any differently than any ISP?  The issues they
> run into are exactly the same as those on other networks.  IOS version
> dances, DNS has to be updated, the occasional timeouts when e.g. a
> wireless access point stops forwarding IPv6 ethertype frames, &c.

	There are some of us that have had enough v6 kool-aid that
we've put our website on v6.. eg: www.us.ntt.net (as2914)

	Without adoption, some of these issues won't get
resolved, like broken consumer electronics devices, etc..

	I wonder what my Wii does with those v6 frames on the
wireless network.

	- Jared