Re: Question on 7.0.0.0/8

  • From: Joseph S D Yao
  • Date: Mon Apr 16 19:19:15 2007

On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 11:25:58PM +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> And I know a company that has been using 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 6/8,
> 7/8 and 8/8 for many years, also behind NAT or on non-Internet connected
> networks. But that is not what I am talking about here.

And what happens if the legitimate owners of those already allocated
start advertising routes for them on the public Internet, or IANA
decides to release some of those not already allocated?  Those NATs, if
single-NAT'ed, will find themselves unable to reach those resources.
*sigh*

In fact, I think I have seen some of those on the public Internet, I
could be wrong.

--
Joe Yao
Analex Contractor