Re: Question on 7.0.0.0/8

  • From: Steve Wright
  • Date: Mon Apr 16 08:55:07 2007

But for those who NEED to parse it with automated
systems and who NEED to know when things have changed, an IANA whois
server is a better solution. Whois has things like Regdate, Updated, and
a Comment field which just don't fit in a simple text file.

Just to note, I believe that Leo Vegoda touched on IANA developing a whois service for IP Addressing at the last UKNOF meeting in Manchester; however I may have been mistaken/ misunderstood.

http://www.uknof.org.uk/uknof7/Vegoda-IANA.pdf

From his talk however, I do believe they are trying to make their interaction with the community better and also provide the
services that we ask of them.

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController - www.MailController.altohiway.com