Re: Question on 7.0.0.0/8

  • From: Florian Weimer
  • Date: Sat Apr 14 19:30:52 2007

* Rene Huizinga:

> Well, at least is is still somehow with the same party...

Not quite.  The organization formerly known as "debis" is now called
"T-Systems".

> Arin states 'Mercedes Benz AG', RIPE 'Daimler Chrysler'... One would
> think this would/should actually be just the other way around, but
> never mind :)

"Daimler Benz AG" would have been more appropriate.  Mercedes Benz was
just the car manufacturer--but I'm not sure if the split was there in
1992.

Until about a year ago, T-Systems actually used parts of the netblock
for some hosted servers (Deutsche Post, for instance).  But in the
meantime, they've got non-legacy address space and are no longer in
the "extra-small" category as far as their RIPE membership is
concerned.