Re: Thoughts on increasing MTUs on the internet

  • From: Joe Loiacono
  • Date: Thu Apr 12 17:40:43 2007

I believe the formula applies when the TCP window size is held constant (and maybe as large as is necessary for the bandwidth-delay product). Obviously P going to zero is a problem; there are practical limitations. But bit error rate is usually not zero over long distances.

The formula is not mine, it's not new, and there is empirical evidence to support it. Check out the links for more (and better :-) info.

Joe