Re: Abuse procedures... Reality Checks

  • From: Stephen Satchell
  • Date: Sat Apr 07 18:59:20 2007

Frank Bulk wrote: > [[Attribution deleted by Frank Bulk]]
Neither I nor J. Oquendo nor anyone else are required to spend our time, our money, and our resources figuring out which parts of X's network can be trusted and which can't.

It's not that hard, the ARIN records are easy to look up. Figuring out that network operator has a /8 that you want to block based on 3 or 4 IPs in their range requires just as much work.

It's *very* hard to do it with an automated system, as such automated look-ups are against the Terms of Service for every single RIR out there.

Please play the bonus round: try again.