Re: Blocking mail from bad places

  • From: Ken Simpson
  • Date: Thu Apr 05 17:10:15 2007

James R. Cutler [05/04/07 16:30 -0400]:
> Todd makes my point exactly.  As he notes, the rejection message
> tells me that the message was rejected by some system.  It does not
> tell my why it was rejected.  Thus, just like this message, it adds
> more to the noise to signal ratio!

Has anyone ever thought of standardizing the 500-responses from the
DATA phase? For instance, maybe 571 could always mean "rejected
because of the spam filter".

If there was a standard for these response codes then maybe clients
like Microsoft Outlook could do something useful with the error
message.

Regards,
Ken

--