Re: Blocking mail from bad places

  • From: Scott Weeks
  • Date: Thu Apr 05 04:11:30 2007

--- [email protected] wrote:----------------------
  [email protected] wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:18:36 PDT, Scott Weeks said:
>> What I meant was: when only a few folks use email, the spammers will go
>>away.
>
> They won't go away, they'll just go infest whatever the people are using.
:
: MySpace and blog spamming can be cured instantly
: if users required all public posts to be moderated
: rather than automatically accepted.

I have to agree with Valdis.  My post was incomplete, though the analogy still stands.  When I said spammers will go away, I should've said the 'email spammers' will go away.  Just like parasites on a dead animal body, the spammers won't go away.  They'll just find another live body and kill it. ad infinitum.

It's not a technology issue.  It's not a political issue.  It's a biological issue.  Parasites kill until there's nothing left to kill.  I wonder if spammers and cheats think of themselves that way?  Rhetorical question...not a troll.

scott