Re: Blocking mail from bad places

  • From: John L
  • Date: Wed Apr 04 18:35:30 2007
  • Cleverness: None detected

This technique works great to keep spam out of your mailbox.

Inline rejection is a little dangerous for mailing lists

And for anyone else who doesn't feel like jumping through your hoops.

Providing a telephone number in the bounce is an effective way to deal
with false positives.

Only if you assume that everyone who writes to you is so desperate to send you mail that they are willing to make what may be an international call in the middle of the night. I have not found that to be a very realistic assumption.

Regards,
John Levine, [email protected], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor