Re: summarising [was: Re: ICANNs role]

  • From: Joseph S D Yao
  • Date: Wed Apr 04 13:41:28 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 10:55:38PM -0500, Joe Greco wrote:
> What purpose does an identity check serve?  How do you verify the
> identity?  If a domain name is already registered, what value is there
> to the "identity" check?  What identity are you verifying?  The
> individual requesting the update?  The company?  What happens when you
> find yourself unable to navigate the County Clerk's office at 5:01PM
> to look up that fictitious name filing?
>
> If you want to establish identities, the time to do that is at
> registration time - not crunch time.

Hello, my name is Joe Greco, I made a bad mistake registering the IP
addresses of dns1.sol.net, dns2.sol.net, dns4.sol.net, and dnsz.sol.net,
and I need you to change them to 216.218.130.2, 216.218.131.2,
216.218.132.2, and 216.218.132.2, respectively.  I have deposited $100
to you via PayPal to cover the sudden-change fee.

Now YOU tell ME what purpose an identity check serves.  ;-)

--
Joe Yao
Analex Contractor