Re: ICANNs role [was: Re: On-going ...]

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Tue Apr 03 08:50:34 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007, Joe Greco wrote:

> Is there a difference between a decade-old domain with contact information
> where a web server got hacked, and a 1-day old domain with garbage for
> contact information that was set up explicitly for Bad Stuff?  How do you
> tell?

Yup! One was registered a day ago and is now sending out loads of spaff.

Best people to know which domains are involved in sending out spaff? Hotmail?
Yahoo? AOL? Google? You know, those people who run millions and millions of
email accounts and can do rather scary statistical analysis on email..

I wonder if any of the above would be interested in reporting spam-sending
hosts, URLs involved in spam/phish/scam/etc/ to a public group (or semi-public
group - open to join, but not publicly published) who could start working
on feeding these domains back to registrars?

Adrian