RE: PG&E on data centre cooling..

  • From: Lasher, Donn
  • Date: Mon Apr 02 16:54:24 2007

>I sorta wonder why the default is lights on, actually...I used to always
love walking into dark datacenters and seeing the banks of GSRs >(always
thought they had good Blink) and friends happily blinking away.

>What we really need is a datacenter with lit floor tiles. ;)
>
>John(damn I've been in a DC with clear floor tiles...why didn't I think of
this then?)

There's at least one datacenter in Seattle that when the customer "cards"
in, lights up the floor to their cabinet.... Been a while since I've been in
it, but I remember it "USED" to do that.... (fisher, internap I think?)