RE: On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

  • From: Lasher, Donn
  • Date: Mon Apr 02 16:23:55 2007

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Peter Dambier
>Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:46 AM
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: Re: On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names
>
>Port 25 is bad. It has been blocked.

I thought that.

Rather, I thought a lot more providers would actually be blocking outbound
25 except to their SMTP servers. Just brought up a new mail server for a
friend; moved an old (14+ year) domain.. I was amazed at the number of
connections from rr.com, comcast.net, cox.net, verizon, etc etc etc
obviously not "official" mail servers. I'm actually tempted to start
blocking anything that doesn't say "mail." in it somewhere.. :)