Re: redefining which infrastructure is the proble [was: Re: On-going ..]

  • From: John Levine
  • Date: Mon Apr 02 10:08:55 2007

>I rarely post, but that is clearly a problem. The Americans seem to
>believe in the presumption of guilt and the infallibility of
>accusation. As an American born and bred I can hardly be accused of
>bias.

>Clearly spam is a serious problem in terms of draining network
>resources, but organizations like Spamhaus don't even do an
>investigation.

Even if this were on-topic, don't you think it would a good idea to
make at least a cursory attempt to get your facts straight?  Spamhaus
is located in the UK, I personally know multiple Spamhaus volunteers
who spend vast amounts of time resarching their blacklist entries,
and they put large dossiers on their web site to document them.

ObOperations: Spamhaus publishes a drop list of IP ranges intended for
your router that I heartily recommend.  It is much smaller than their
mail blacklist, chosen to include only network ranges with no
socically redeeming value at all.

R's,
John