RE: America takes over DNS

  • From: michael.dillon
  • Date: Mon Apr 02 08:35:03 2007

> Problems I can see with this would be when someone on the P2P begins
> injecting false data into a stream. How would the mesh be
> structured so
> as to avoid this.

There is a lot of literature about P2P networking in its many
variations. The nice thing is that it is mostly freely available on the
net, unlike in some other scientific disciplines where more and more
research is locked away behind electronic journal providers which charge
atrociously high rates for a single article. Some Google searches to get
started:
p2p small-world pdf
p2p chord pdf
p2p kademlia pdf
p2p dht pdf
p2psim

Chances are, that one of the more mathematically oriented researchers
looking at graph theory and distributed hash tables, has already solved
the problem. All you have to do is find it and apply it to a root
replacement for a naming service hierarchy.

--Michael Dillon