Re: On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

  • From: Peter Thoenen
  • Date: Sun Apr 01 01:28:42 2007

> What really surprises the living crap out of me is that you're
> attempting to find a technical solution to what is essentially a
> social problem. If you really want to do something to fix this
> problem, as you describe it, try suing microsoft for lost
> time/man-hours/profits/whatever due to their lax security practices
> instead of mucking about with DNS/ICANN/whatever else.

Wasn't going to comment on this thread as I really can't add much (as I
read the entire thread bemused as I still don't see the prob even when
i learned abou this zero day days ago) but amen to Allen's comment
here.  There are multiple issues here and DNS and / or
$insert_favorite_technology isn't the problem.

On completely OT side comment for laughs: why is nobody blaming the
real root problem here ... marketing folk and their insistent drive for
multimedia for sales reasons (e.g.animated cursors and HTML email) :)