Re: On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Sat Mar 31 23:59:19 2007

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007, Stephen Satchell wrote:
> Gadi Evron wrote:
> >
> > Amen. Really.
> >
> > I'd honestly like more ideas.
>
> What did IETF and ICANN say when you approached them through their
> public-comment channels?

ICANN is well aware of the issues through their visibility into
operational groups, and I am far from an expert on public policy (which is
why I mentioned we are studyign that option). ICANN has not shown any
interest or ability to affect change in this realm. ICANN's work is
elsewhere.

People at ICANN understand though, and I have no personal issue with any
of them.

IETF? I never tried to contact them. Maybe others did, maybe not.

If you can help with any of these (if you believe they will affect change
in the operational realm), we would appreciate it.