Re: PG&E on data centre cooling..

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Sat Mar 31 22:40:44 2007

John Kinsella wrote:

I sorta wonder why the default is lights on, actually...I used to always
love walking into dark datacenters and seeing the banks of GSRs (always
thought they had good Blink) and friends happily blinking away.

Consider the power consumption per square foot of the gear in a typical data center, then add in the power needed to keep it cool. I suspect that the cost of energy to keep the lights on will be down in the noise.

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [email protected]