What is the correct way to get Whitelisted?

  • From: Wil Schultz
  • Date: Fri Mar 30 10:34:39 2007

Sorry of this is off topic:

So at my workplace we have a fairly fast moving newsletter machine that people sign up for.
Rules are followed as in: Mail isn't sent unless people request it, an address is removed upon subscription cancel, and addresses are removed after the 3rd bounce.

Life was reasonably well up until about a week ago at which point we moved this newsletter machine and gave it a new address. At this point most of the major ISPs see a bunch of email coming from this new address and proceed to block it. I understand completely why they block this kind of traffic but I am wondering what we can do proactively to prove we are good internet citizens to minimize these problems in the future?

We have already published SPF records and made sure forward and reverse entries exist, are there other things that can be done?

On another side note, if anyone has information on how to get whitelisted (or DeBlacklisted :-) ) from Hotmail, MSN, Earthlink, AOL, Yahoo!, etc feel free to email offlist...

Thanks!