Re: TCP and WAN issue

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Mar 27 16:37:47 2007

On 27-Mar-2007, at 16:26, Philip Lavine wrote:

I have an east coast and west coast data center connected with a DS3. I am running into issues with streaming data via TCP and was wondering besides hardware acceleration, is there any options at increasing throughput and maximizing the bandwidth? How can I overcome the TCP stack limitations inherent in Windows (registry tweaks seem to not functions too well)?

You might take a look through RFC 2488/BCP 28, if you haven't already. The circuit propagation delays in that scenarios painted by that document are far higher than yours, but the principles are the same.

Joe