RE: [funsec] Not so fast, broadband providers tell big users (fwd)

  • From: andrew2
  • Date: Tue Mar 13 14:58:40 2007

Sean Donelan wrote:

> Several US Providers are very happy to sell 1Gbps and even 10Gbps to
> anyone in major (i.e. NFL/top 30) cities, but not at $14.95/month.

Sure, as long as you're willing to fork over the cash for CPE capable of
handling OC-XX linecards.  The service cost is hardly the only cost
associated with buying that kind of bandwidth.  It's amusing to me that
we're worrying about FTTH when some of the largest carriers are still not
capable of delivering ethernet handoffs in some of those same top 30 cities.
Don't we need to get there first before we start wiring everyone's home with
fiber and a small router with an SFP?

Andrew Cruse