RE: Comcast contact for the East Coast

  • From: Andrew.Parris
  • Date: Fri Mar 02 21:41:30 2007

> Could someone from Comcast please contact us
> ([email protected]).
>
> Customers behind Comcast on the east coast cannot get to our
> 216.219.126.0 prefix in Santa Barbara, CA. Comcast's peering with Cox
> on ashbbbrj02-ae0.0.r2.as.cox.net may be to blame.

COX has created ticket HD0000015981407 for this issue.

A show route shows us that traffic destined for target IP 216.219.126.0
is going from ASHBBBRJ02 to ASHBBBRJ01, and then directly to the Equinix
Public Peering Switch in Ashburn, and then stopping.

I will be contacting Equinix shortly to continue troubleshooting.

-J. Andrew Parris
NOC Engineer
Data Network Operations Center
Cox Communications (AS 22773)