Re: Where are static bogon filters appropriate? was: 96.2.0.0/16 Bogons

  • From: Peter Thoenen
  • Date: Thu Mar 01 10:18:32 2007

> Perhaps,
> bogon acls  are helpful when they are configured on backbone, but not
>
> everywhere.

And if ever major backbones (read tier 2/3) would do so all us little
guys wouldn't have to (yet for some reason I keep getting the odd hit
in my acl logs from bogon space daily).

Yes I know they will defend this with "we sell unfiltered service"
(which of course isn't true); I am just not convinced filtering bogon's
would invalidate this any more than their MPLS QoS clouds do.