Re: Measurement data on transit traffic in IP routers?

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Sun Feb 18 11:13:11 2007

And be sure to check out the I2 netflow reports :

http://netflow.internet2.edu/weekly/

Marshall

On Feb 18, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Andrew Lee wrote:

Hi Chris

Your statement makes something of a presumption as to the architecture
of a network.  In many networks, edge aggregation devices do not
participate in backbone routing, but simply pass the traffic they are
aggregating into the core.

One fairly well instrumented network that does have this edge/core
collapsed model is the Internet2 network. You can find a lot of traffic
and other data for the network at:
http://noc.net.internet2.edu/i2network/live-network-status.html
You should be able to extract all the info you need from there.

/Andrew