Re: botnets: web servers, end-systems and Vint Cerf

  • From: Danny McPherson
  • Date: Sat Feb 17 21:39:37 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 6:42 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:

Is there a significant difference between the "many" ISPs implementing walled gardens and other ISPs as far as infection rates?

One might presuppose infection rates are exactly the same, at least until that ISPs user base upgrades, patches, auto-updates, AVs, anti-spywares, whatever.. or finds a new ISP. I wonder how long it'd take for such a policy institution to impact an entire 100% user base?

I'd likewise be quite keen on seeing empirical evidence on trends
in cleanliness and/or churn from any of those ISPs in question, the
3 "huge" ones in particular - any of those folks *NOG-types?

Likely my last message on this tread, as I foresee the "OT
curmudgeon" mounting up (hint to them: "delete").

-danny