Wireless Network Question

  • From: Azinger, Marla
  • Date: Wed Feb 14 17:12:32 2007

Hello-  I'm looking for anyone that can send me some suggestions based on experience with a wireless network.

My problem:
It is possible with our current wireless network that a situation could arise where the IP address pool for a specific service location could be exhausted due to Windows clients acquiring an IP address without being authenticated. Thus, if we have a large event taking place in-market, the IP addresses would be assigned and reassigned out (on a one-hour lease) to each Windows client connected to the network, possibly quickly exhausting a small IP address pool if enough clients were simultaneously up and connected.

Does anyone have a good suggestion on how to avoid this from happening (aside from over assigning and wasting IP addresses or ignoring the problem)?

Thank you for your time
MArla Azinger
Frontier Communications