Re: wifi for 600, alex

  • From: Bill Fenner
  • Date: Wed Feb 14 16:17:18 2007

On 1/23/07, Perry Lorier <[email protected]> wrote:
We did have a lot of problems with devices that didn't have a web
browser (so had to ask us to add their macs manually, there were 11
people who had this that aren't accounted above).  Mostly voip phones,
but it's amazing how many people have random bits of hardware that will
do wifi!

Perhaps wandering off topic, but I was throwing around the idea of writing a pseudo-SIP server for registration of this kind of device - assuming that you have a second device that does have a web browser, register with that and then request to add a SIP device, it provides you with a one-off SIP "number" to call to provide the mac address.

Bill