Re: Every incident is an opportunity (was Re: Hackers hit key Internet traffic computers)

  • From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain
  • Date: Mon Feb 12 12:17:47 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 03:23:26 -0600 (CST)
Gadi Evron <[email protected]> wrote:
> As a very smart person said a couple of weeks ago when this same argument
> was made: are you willing to do tech-support for my mother is she uses
> linux?

Yes.  Well, not your mother (unless she paid me) but I used to support
my father and I ran Unix on his system.  It was great.  If he had a
problem I could generally get into his system and work on it as if I
was right there except he couldn't watch over my shoulder and interrupt
me every 30 seconds with questions.  Now he uses WindBlows and it is
easier for me only beause I can send him to my siblings for support.

If I am willing to support someone who doesn't understand the
technology I would rather put them on Unix rather than MSW.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <[email protected]>         |  Democracy is three wolves