Re: Question about SLAs

  • From: Todd Vierling
  • Date: Sun Feb 11 10:43:19 2007
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=t3cwCHzIlinwP5E+ESEsgWuSVz++rimJ3LaNmh1jzmh0HfuSx+KsdMeImOkjdzFsLh0AigiB/pnFR2IQi2Jc1Cj3DUH5WTbw4ZBt5PcaPw4SNShC5x1BOy0AAynn4D6tjSUAIvFZW8pla7lJt0nXHPSvSwDrpnKXZAsoiDlmNRY=

On 2/9/07, Steve Rubin <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does that mean you can take them to small claims court if they don't pay
> you the agreed SLA credits?

Most contracts
[in the U.S. today with largish to large corporations]
have an arbitration clause

...though they shouldn't. Arbitration isn't, as far as I know, one of the official branches of government. I always find it rather contrary to logic that a contract, which is governed by the U.S. court system, can be written not to be covered by the U.S. court system. What an amazing loophole for corporate legal that is.

(ObExperience:  Every *forced* arbitration decision out of the 200+
I've researched has been in favor of the original contract writer --
the service provider and not its customer.  The only arbitration
settlements I've seen go the other way were only voluntarily moved to
arbitration; one pretty major such settlement was made into a movie
about a large energy company....)

--
-- Todd Vierling <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>