Re: an RBL for virus alert senders?

  • From: Rich Kulawiec
  • Date: Sat Feb 10 10:29:43 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 10:02:45AM -0500, Mark Jeftovic wrote:
> Is there an RBL for mail servers run by brain dead "postmasters" that
> insist on running anti-viral software that sends out less-than-useless
> "virus alerts", "virus in your email", "banned attachment" spewage to
> the guaranteed-to-be-forged "From" address in the message headers?

A number of DNSBLs now includes zones for outscatter (aka "backscatter")
senders running either broken anti-virus s/w, broken anti-spam s/w,
broken mailers, or broken appliances.

See:

	http://enemieslist.com/news/archives/2006/05/a_useful_collec.html

for a useful collection of links.  For DNSBLs, I believe you may wish
to look at:

	http://tqmcube.com/weight.php
	http://www.au.sorbs.net/using.shtml
	http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=3&s=0

(Keep in mind that the last was written by folks whose native tongue
is German, so cut them some slack on spelling/grammar errors.)

I think (but am not sure) that Spamcop also lists outscatter senders.

---Rsk