Re: Hackers hit key Internet traffic computers

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Thu Feb 08 08:58:11 2007

On 7-Feb-2007, at 15:24, virendra rode // wrote:

Looking at these attacks, F in particular, if my memory serves me
correct, there are 35 f-root anycast nodes deployed. Maybe this helped
in some respect.

Dave Knight's lightning talk in Toronto seemed to indicate that F's anycast platform did a good job at sinking the bulk of the attack traffic in Seoul and Beijing, and that the spill-over from the region was mopped up easily by the very large nodes in California. Most other locations that have a local F-root server saw very little impact.

Isolation of attack traffic seems like a big help to me.

Then again, I like to see what kind of analysis comes out from the
collected data.

Joe