RE: [cacti-announce] Cacti 0.8.6j Released (fwd)

  • From: Ray Burkholder
  • Date: Wed Feb 07 22:24:55 2007

> > How about something like:
> > http://www.hdfgroup.org/whatishdf5.html
>
> I don't think they support transactional updates, which makes
> it hard to use for live data.  (A simple crash, and you need
> to recover from
> backup.)

Going back to this thread, http://www.kx.com/ deals in financial transaction
databases where they store millions of ticks.  They appear to have a
transactional based language with a solution that appears to be robust and
fail resistant.

I'm sure it has a price tag that goes along with the capabilities.

Anyone encountered this before?

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content at
http://www.oneunified.net and is believed to be clean.