Re: Birmingham UK colocation

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Mon Jan 29 16:22:07 2007

On 29-Jan-2007, at 15:56, Andrew Gristina wrote:

I have two racks in London UK.  The colocation is
currently in London.  The contract is up soon and most
of the feet on the ground in the UK of the company is
in the greater Birmingham area. So I'm interested in
colocating about two racks of servers to Birmingham.
I would need a cage if the space were shared.

If peering and choice of transit is your primary concern, then you might well find the best approach lies in staying in London and finding a reliable contractor who is local and who can do things for you there when needed.

I've never heard of anybody acquiring peering in Birminghag.

You can peer in Manchester at the MaNAP, although I'm not sure how well that theory stacks up in practice these days. In any case from Brum it's not much further to London than it is to Manchester, ignoring the traffic issues.

Joe